Resources for Innovative Scientific Instrumentation
Staff, the IDL's most important resource:
- a Director with a science PhD., experienced in the development of a wide variety of instruments over more than 30 years;
- a highly skilled Electronics Design Engineer with previous scientific instrument development experience and with broad skills using sophisticated tools;
- an Electronics Engineering Tech, able to fabricate one-of-a-kind, high-density circuit boards;
- a close working relationship with an outstanding Machine Shop.
- a close working relationship with prototype pc board makers and component suppliers.
- Oscilloscopes, high speed, utility, and mixed-signal;
- Waveform generators and Arbitrary waveform generators;
- Logic Analyzers and Network Analyzers;
- Handheld instruments and tools.
Computers and Software:
- Desktop computers with network storage and support;
- CAD software: AutoCAD, schematic capture, board layout, drawing;
- Integrated development systems for multiple microcontrollers; compilers and cross-compilers;
- Multiple licenses for FPGA development systems;
- Development systems for Ethernet controllers, USB controllers, and other communication tools.
Tools and stocks:
- A wide array of component stocks;
- Fabrication tools of all sorts.